Thursday, June 26, 2014

Doctor visit #2

I saw the doc this afternoon. The x-rays looked good, and he says I'm doing fine. I can go without the sling after a week, and he gave me some exercises to start at home. I've made an appointment for my first PT session the Monday after we get home. He gave me some more pain Rx so I'll have some during the PT. He also said I could go back to the pool, so I'll be doing that when we get home. I asked about driving, and he said it was okay with him. John, however, is another matter. He'll have to be sure himself that I'm able to handle the wheel enough to be safe. We'll worry about that post-beach, too.
-------------------------------------------
Howard Baker, Jr. 1925-2014
He was, in general, one of the good guys.  I loved this story and quote: 
Baker, an accomplished amateur photographer, was known to carry a camera with him wherever he went. But he didn't take any photos during the Watergate hearings.
"I felt that it was beneath the dignity of the event," he said years later. "It turned out the event had no dignity and I should have taken pictures."

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I'm glad to hear of your progress. Being able to go to the pool must be wonderful.

I agree, Howard Baker was one of the good guys.