Thursday, June 20, 2013

Wednesday events



I took my car to the auto-electric place this morning for diagnosis and cure. Unfortunately, they couldn’t get to it today, so it’s another sleep-over for the car. Now I just hope they can get it done tomorrow. I have no clue what the problem is or how much it’ll cost. We shall see.

I left swimming early this morning so I could take the car . After getting dressed, as I was leaving, the gals were all upset. Our dear 84-year-old buddy had fallen as she was getting out of the pool and hit her head on the pool deck. Of course, there was lots of blood involved (as with any head wound), but no idea of the severity. They were calling for an ambulance as I left the Y.

John picked me up and when we got to coffee, the news was that she had been taken to the big downtown hospital with its Level I trauma designation and a head trauma unit. One of our bunch followed the ambulance and was going to stay with her until some family got there. She was examined and treated with sutures and a head bandage. Other than some bruises (and undoubtedly some residual soreness), that was the extend of her injury. Nancy, we hope you recover quickly and fully, and that there are no sequellae.

Tomorrow will be a Costco day - shopping for the beach this time.
======================================
Waverly Plantation, Columbus, MS.

1 comment:

Sato said...

Typhoon No.4
Threatening mainland Japan,
Hearing strong winds out.