Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Payback


There’s always payback. Now I’m paying for all those days of doing nothing.

1. To the post office to mail the quarterly payment to the IRS, then to return a book to the library. Next came Aldi, pumping gas at WalMart, then WalMart itself. Back home to put up groceries and finish reading the paper.

2. Went over to the Southside to meet Vicki for lunch. It’s been much too long since we’ve gotten together. She’s going to have a hip replacement. I went over to her house after lunch and got to meet her new puppy, Luci, a funny little Chihuahua/Havanese mix. On the way home, I noticed the “Service Engine Soon” light in my car had come on. Crap!

3. Came home until time to go to the optometrist to get my new glasses adjusted. I went back home and then John took me to Firestone to get the car checked out.

4. It was time for regular maintenance for the car. The portable computer said there was something wrong in one of the tires and the ABS. So the car is having a sleep-over.

And that got us to about 4. Last night’s leftover shrimp and some mushrooms contributed to a great frittata for supper. I bet I sleep soundly tonight.
===============================================
The Grande Caribe docked at Demopolis, AL.

No comments: