Thursday, February 02, 2012

Thursday this and that

Slow day today. We got about one-half inch of rain yesterday, but the sun is out today. I picked up some burgers and went over to have lunch with Vicki today. We really miss seeing each other several times a week, but… Anyhow, it was good to get caught up.
=========================
John and Margaret went to Knoxville for the Lady Vols/South Carolina game. Bad game, and the Lady Vols lost. Not a good evening.
==========================
And what’s all this about the Susan G. Komen Foundation pulling their support for Planned Parenthood? I don’t understand.
==========================
Street displays.

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Republicans were raising a stink because Komen gave large grants to Planned Parenthood for low income breast health screening. Because they oppose PP, they were pulling their donations. So now Komen has pulled its PP support in a "non-political" move. Oy.

Harriet said...

This is one of those subjects that has gone viral before anyone knows all the facts. I've listened to Nancy Brinker's explanation ("damage control") and, while I still don't think I support the policy, I do think I will wait on passing judgment.

Planned Parenthood (which also offered vasectomies to low income men last time I looked) did well with donations yesterday.