Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cheers to all of us thieves!

From Sunday Stealing who stole it from Scottish Mum Blog

1. Where are you from and where do you live now?
Born in Missouri, grew up in Texas, live in Tennessee (for 50 years and counting)

2. Favorite childhood story/book/film?
Read all the Nancy Drew books; loved The Wizard of Oz, Fantasia

3. If you could change gender for a day what would you do?
I can’t think of anything I could do as a man that I can’t do as a woman.

4. Do you feel your family is complete or would you like more/some children?
The only additional family I’ll have is more grandchildren-in-law and/or great-grandkids.

5. What do you do/Where do you work and do you enjoy it?
I love painting, knitting, and reading. I’ve been retired from “outside” work for years.

6. Which three words do you think sum you up?
Honest, dependable, loyal.

7. If you were a fairy what magical powers would you possess?
I’d possess the power to make people love one another because of their differences. I’d see to it that people actually believe and act on the Golden Rule.

8. If you were invisible, where would you go and what would you do? Why?
I don’t know that I’d want to be around people who didn’t know I was there. It’s too much like spying.

9. What song can’t you listen to without crying?
The Star Spangled Banner.

10. Which book changed your life – or at least made you think a lot?
I was a teenager and read a book about different religions. It was the first time I realized that Christianity wasn’t the only way people thought about life and the world. It was my first step on the way to being a nonbeliever.

11. Why do you blog?
I started as a way to tell my family and friends what we were doing when we traveled. Now, it’s more of a journal, a discipline to write something every day, and to try to keep my mind active.

12. What is your top ‘me-time’ tip?
Make it happen. You have to take care of yourself before you can take care of anybody else.

13. What can’t you live without?
Love and laughter.

14. Which of all your blog posts are you most proud of and why?
I have no idea.

15. Have you ever met a famous person? Who and where?
I shook LBJ’s hand at a campaign stop during the 1964 campaign.

16. When did you last have a full nights sleep?
I’m a good sleeper - almost every night.

17. What would you think is harder: Going to work or staying at home with children?
I don’t know. I was a stay-at-home mom when our girls were little, then went to work.

18. What are you doing for Easter?
Nothing. When is it?

19. What is your favorite drink?
Water, coffee.

20. Do you play any sports?
No. I do like to be in the water, and take a deep-water exercise class at the Y.

21. What is your most embarrassing moment?
I’m sure there have been some, but nothing comes to mind.

22. How clever are you?
Not particularly.

23. Name a new favorite TV show?
New? Person of Interest, Blue Bloods, Hawaii 5-0.

24. Any guilty pleasures?
Just eating too much.

25. If you could have chosen your own name, what would it be?
I don’t have a problem with the one I was given.

26. Who do you most admire in life, and why?
I admire the men and women in the Armed Services - they don’t get nearly enough credit for being on the line for the rest of us. The same thing about the men and women in our police forces. I admire the care-givers who take care of their loved ones for whatever health problem they face. I admire John for putting up with me for all these years.

27. What is your most treasured possession?
My family.

28. Tell your favorite funny joke…
I’m a terrible joke-teller.

29. What is your biggest fear in life?
I don’t dwell on anything like that. I would hate to have a long lingering illness.

30. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? What does it remind you of?
I like a good vanilla or butter brickle - just reminds me of ice cream.
=======================================
La Marguerite. Leaving the Mekong River as we arrive in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon).

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mickle in NZ said...

#2 had me smiling - my dear folks took me to see Fantasia as a birthday treat when I was about 6 or 7- and I slept through most of it as it was later than my usual bed time. My parents and older sister enjoyed it all. I've yet to properly see this wonderful film!

Thank you for showing the boat that you travelled in - what a sensible size for your cruise through that beautiful part of Asia.