Monday, February 20, 2012

Is it Art?

Art is in the eye of the beholder.
It’s art if its creator says it’s art.

You won’t believe what this guy does with old books. Read about how he does this.
Karan Arora’s Posterous.

We saw an exhibit of this work at the Frist Museum in Nashville last week. I’d call it art. The creators call it art. But it certainly is different. Watch this 4-minute video with the sound on - they talk about their work.

John Wood & Paul Harrison.
===========================================
More Vietnamese children.

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Harriet said...

To my eyes, it's art. But then, I spent a lot of time with that kind of old book. (I just gave the 100-year-old encyclopedia to my son.)

I'll add something to the definition, though it's not true of all the art I appreciate. It's art if it makes you see something that isn't there.

Mary Z said...

I love your definition. Thanks!