Friday, February 03, 2012

Killer Friday

Today has been a killer day. We left the house a little before 7 a.m. to go to swimming and exercise. I didn't get back home until 5, then we left at 7 for the symphony. John and I went to Panera after the Y, then I went downtown to work at the library bookstore (he got a ride home with one of the other gals). A friend had gotten up two tables of bridge and invited John and me. So I went straight from the library to her house - no lunch, just some nuts and a piece of cake during the afternoon.

The symphony was called "A Russian Spectacular", with pieces by Glinka, Prokofiev (violin concerto), and Tchaikovsky (4th symphony). Mostly a great concert. The violinist was excellent, but her mannerisms were very distracting. I mostly looked elsewhere in the orchestra or closed my eyes rather than at her. John felt the same way, but said he was afraid to close his eyes - afraid he‘d fall asleep.

Anyhow, home now. I'll crash soon. Then, I’ll do nothing until we meet a friend for dinner tomorrow night.
===================================
I can't remember the name of this fruit. Under the pink exterior, the flesh is white with tiny black flecks.
Addendum: John reminded me - it's Dragon Fruit

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: