Saturday, February 04, 2012

Sunday Stealing

From Sunday Stealing.
Cheers to all of us thieves!

1) Are you happy with the person you've become?
Mostly - I’d choose to be thinner, but otherwise not too different.

2) What's a sound you hate; sound you love?
I hate the shouting talking heads on television; I love silence or the sounds of the ocean.

3) What's your biggest "what if"?
I don’t waste time with regrets.

4) Do you believe in ghosts? How about aliens?
I don’t think we understand all the things around us. But I don’t believe in malevolent or beneficent ghosts or being able to call up the “spirits” of the dead to talk to us. There may be life forms on other planets, but I don’t believe in alien beings living among us.

5) Stick your right arm out; what do you touch first? Do the same with your left arm.
My coffee cup, lamp, book, and knitting are on my chair-side table on the right. The TV remote or John if he’s in his chair are on my left.

6) Smell the air. What do you smell?
Nothing particular.

7) What's the worst place you have ever been to?
We’ve been to places that I wouldn’t necessarily want to go to again, but I don’t know what I’d call “the worst”. The poverty in the Caribbean islands and in Cambodia is very disturbing.

8) Choose: East Coast or West Coast?
I think I’d pick the East Coast - it’s more familiar and closer to family. As long as I could visit the West Coast from time to time.

9) Most attractive singer of your opposite gender?
I can’t think of anybody in particular. I don’t care too much about looks, just the sound.

10) To you, what is the meaning of life?
That’s not something I spend a lot of time thinking or worrying about. It is what it is.

11) Define: Art.
Tough question for me as an artist. Art is definitely in the eye of the beholder, and I think it’s what the viewer or creator decides to call “art”.

12) Do you believe in luck?
Not particularly. To a certain extent, I think we make our own luck.

13) Patriots or Giants? Or, who gives a rat's ass?
I don’t give a rat’s ass.

14) Will you watch the game? If yes, with who?
If John has the game on, I’ll be in the room with it. But I won’t be paying much attention - to the game or the commercials.

15) Do you drive? If so, have you ever crashed?
I drive. I’ve been in an accident, but I was rear-ended by a dump truck and our car was totaled. Fortunately we had just bumps and bruises.

16) What was the last book you read?
I just finished 1493. And am now reading Grisham’s latest, The Litigators.

17) Do you like the smell of gasoline?
No.

18) Do you have any nicknames?
Does Mom count?

19) What was the last movie you saw?
Everybody’s Fine and The Killing Fields on DVD; Moneyball in the theater.

20) What's the worst injury you've ever had?
Severed artery, left wrist (ER treatment); trimalleolar fracture, left ankle (surgery with pinning)

21) Have you ever caught a butterfly?
Probably, when I was a child.

22) Do you have any obsessions right now?
I don’t think so.

23) What's your sexual orientation?
Straight.

24) Ever had a rumor spread about you?
If so, it didn’t get back to me.

25) Do you believe in magic?
I don’t believe in magic as in defying the laws of physics. But I love seeing a good magician work sleight of hand and misdirection.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

#25: I said it myself, and then heard it said by people a lot smarter than I: "Magic is just science we haven't learned yet."