Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Doctors' appointments

Two doctor appointments and several errands made for a busy morning - and a lazy afternoon.

The six-month dental cleaning was the first thing this morning. No problems there - and I do love the feeling of my freshly cleaned teeth.

Next was my delayed six-month visit to the optometrist. He said everything looked good - albeit with some progression of the scarring on my cornea due to the recent flare-up of the keratitis. It’s at least under control for the time being. Everything else looks good - no glaucoma, no macular degeneration, and not enough vision change to warrant a new prescription. Then, unfortunately, after having my eyes dilated, I had to go out into the bright sunshine. Doubling up on the sunglasses works pretty well.

I got some other stuff done. I took some miscellaneous art supplies that I’ve gathered over the years and no longer use to the art teacher at the elementary school across from the gallery. I took two lasagnas to the gallery refrigerator for Vicki to pick up later.

Then I got to return home while my eyes slowly returned to normal.
---------------------------------------------------
Click here for the story from WRCB-tv about Taylor. The Marines have told the family that it’ll be another 3-5 days before his remains will be released. So arrangements have not been made yet.
--------------------------------------------------
The boats are waiting patiently for their owners.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: