Wednesday, June 16, 2010

This crisis is over...

I went to the eye doctor this afternoon for the final visit for this flare-up of the keratitis in my right eye. The pain is gone - fortunately - and the activity has simmered down. The doc lessened the new medication I’ve been taking to once a day - with the proviso that I can increase the dosage up to three a day if I feel like it might be getting active again. He told me that the scarring has, so far, not encroached onto the visual field of the eye, so obviously, it is not affecting my vision. But, he said, it is very close, and if there is another flare, it would probably start limiting my vision. Needless to say, I’m going to be very vigilant with the medication.

The pump in the lap pool at the Y has not been fixed yet, so I skipped this morning. I really didn’t want to just stretch in 92 degree water. I do hope they have it fixed by class time on Friday.
------------------------------------------------------------
Check the size of these right whales. And the size of the boat. And how close they are to each other. Only researchers would do this sort of thing.

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sian said...

Sorry to hear you've been having problems with your eyes. glad the medication has been working. As you say - keep vigilant!