Friday, June 04, 2010

BP may do what Mother Nature didn't...

And now we have to make a decision. I've just read on a Mobile TV station's web site that the Alabama beaches have been closed to swimming, and most of the areas have been closed to fishing. I've sent a e-mail to our group to see what the sense of the bunch is. Our final payment is not due until next week. We've always left our deposit from year to year. So, if we make a reservation for next year, they might just keep the deposit and not penalize us - under the circumstances.

I’ve not commented much on the oil spill. I guess we knew it would be affecting us directly eventually, but just didn’t want to tempt the fates by bringing it up. We’ve been going to the Gulf Shores/Fort Morgan area since 1981. We’ve missed only four years out of that time, for various reasons. We’ve managed to dodge hurricanes and tropical storms, but it looks like BP is going to accomplish what Mother Nature couldn’t. And who knows how bad it will get, or for how long? Years? Decades? Centuries?
-----------------------------------------------------
I've gotten lot of surplus art supplies culled out and ready to give to a local art teacher, and all of it taken down to the garage. The other stuff, much of which had been stored at Vicki's is now (relatively) neatly stored away in the studio/office. I've found a huge amount of watercolor paper. I'm going to go through that, and probably try to sell some of it. I'm feeling pretty smug about that now.
-----------------------------------------------------
My eye is still improving, according to the doctor. And my cold is even better. John has gotten the cold now, and he is suffering. Poor baby!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Some of the places on Kent Island are empty and windswept.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: