Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Decisions, decisions!

HOORAY! Our pool was back open, and we were able to go for our regular class this morning. It surely did feel good to get back into the pool and get moving. Everybody was so glad to be back.

Then I went to the gallery. The next month is going to be very tough. Vicki is definitely shutting down the operation - maybe even her framing business. She's been doing this for 35 years, so it's quite a change for her. But her life has changed a lot - and mostly for the better - over the last 5 years. And it's time she moved along with it. This means I have to bring all my stuff and paintings back to the house, and find someplace to put it. And find something else to do with my time and painting, and somewhere in which to do it. I guess the only permanent thing in life is change, isn't it.

John and I talked tonight about what we’re going to do with my “stuff”. I did set up a space for me to paint, but now that I have to move all the paintings that have been at the gallery for ages, I have to bring them home. And find someplace to put them. I can’t put them in the garage - it’s not a finished space (part is just crawl space), and there’s too much dirt, mildew, bugs, etc. So this is mainly a storage problem. We talked about some shelves in the back of one closet (mostly unusable space) for storage. Another possibility would be taking down one of the twin beds in a bedroom, or maybe even taking both of them down and using the whole room for my studio. That would leave us with just one queen-sized guest bed, but I guess that’s not too bad. And another possibility would be to take down one of the twin beds, and move the desk and desktop computer into that bedroom, leaving the corner room for my studio and painting storage. Decisions, decisions!
-------------------------
This photo is looking over a protected harbor on the west side of Grand Manan Island, NB, and the fishing wiers in the harbor.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: