Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy Tax Day!

I said last night that I planned to stay home all day today - and I did just that! My planned late sleeping didn’t happen, though. The phone rang about 5:20 a.m. The man with the unintelligible (to me) eastern European accent obviously had a wrong number. I had almost gotten back to sleep by 5:45, when he called again. Oh, well - I finally got up about 6:30 - John had gotten up a little earlier than that.

I did get a few things accomplished in any case. I got all the paperwork ready to send in when payment for our summer trip. I went through my shirts - taking out the too-big ones to take to the homeless shelter, and putting the winter ones away. I even made a tentative pass at clearing up some of the stuff in the corner bedroom. The cleaning there is going to be SO major - but it’s got to be done before any painting can be done.

I finished my book - Sweetgrass by Mary Alice Monoe. It’s a nice book about the low country of South Carolina. I have another of her books on reserve at the library.

I hope you’ve filed your income tax by now - if not you’d better hurry to get to an open post office before midnight. I always remember Pink saying how happy she was to pay her taxes. She was glad that she had the income that was taxable, and that she contributed to the services provided by the government. So pay your taxes with a smile!
-----------------------------------------
This church is in Seneca Falls, NY.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: