Friday, April 23, 2010

A busy Friday

Just a usual Friday around here. I went to the gallery, finished up a couple of pieces and ate lunch with Vicki. I stopped at a relatively new BBQ place on the way home to pick up a couple of carry-out orders for our dinner tonight. The place has been reviewed very highly in the paper this past week, and it was very busy. People were leaving when they were told it would take at least 30 minutes to serve them. My carry-out order took about 30 minutes, too - but I'd already paid for it, so had to wait. The place may be a victim of "good reviews" - at least for a while. I hope they can "weather the storm" - and I hoped that our dinner was worth it. We do love good BBQ (I got one pulled pork, and one rib), and are always looking for new places to try. Of course, the standard by which all BBQ ribs are measured is the Rendezvous in Memphis - absolutely the best in the world! This was a bit sweeter than we prefer.

Do any of you have sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine? What prompted you to go for testing? This morning, John suggested I go for testing. We both snore, but obviously, I'm keeping him away with MY snoring. I sleep soundly and go to sleep quickly, usually only getting up during the night to go to the bathroom. Maybe we should go for testing.

Our weather-guesser says we’re going to get rain - starting during the early morning hours. And there’s a possibility for some severe weather.

We’re still working on getting these rooms ready for painting. Amazing the things that we’re finding. I came across a belt which an old boyfrbeiend had made for me in high school - leather tooled with my name across the back (high fashion in Texas during the early 1950s. I can’t believe that belt once went around my waist. It now will go around my thigh!!!!! And there was a metal box with some of Pink’s letters and papers - fun to read through.

Sue & Randy and Margaret have been talking about going on an Erie Canal trip like we did last year. John said he'd love to go along with them - and they've invited him. He and Randy have to agree that they will NOT discuss politics on the trip, and John has to realize that Randy will be the captain, with John as the "able-bodied seaman". John quickly agreed! I'm passing on this one. They'll be going with a different company from the one we used - it begins closer to Rochester, NY. John's going to drive, and he'll pick them up at the airport - so they don't have to rent a car. They're all excited about it.
----------------------------------
This photo was taken on the deck of the Marathon Inn, Grand Manan Island, New Brunswick.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: