Thursday, April 01, 2010

Crawfish in Chattanooga at Champy's

Today was one of my days to sleep late - and wouldn't you know it - I woke up a little after 6, and my brain kicked into gear. So much for sleeping late.

These two events are not at all connected - just happened to wind up on the same day. The lunch place was one of those run by a family in an old house - not exactly tea-room fair, but delicious in any case. I had coffee and a soup (chicken gumbo) and half-sandwich (chicken salad) plate. Excellent meal.

John and his rowing partner got on the river for the first time this season. It's a gorgeous day, and they had a great row. When he got back to the boathouse, he got his single rigged for the upcoming season. The water was still mirror-like, so he went out on the river in his single for a short row.

This evening, we went out to an artist’s reception at another gallery, met up with Allan, and went out to dinner. Vicki met the three of us to est. We went to a small locally owned place, noted for its fried chicken. But I had read that they had boiled crawfish on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Well, yes, they do!!! So John and I had crawfish. It was wonderful - we ate way too much, and they were covered with Zatarain’s Crab Boil, so very spicy and salty. We’ll have to eat very carefully for the next few days, but it was worth it!

I’ll bet I crash early tonight.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: