Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Happy Birthday, Pinkie!

It’s been a long, busy day (for a change).

I left the house about 8:45 this morning, and didn't get back home until nearly 6 p.m. I had to pick up some cookie trays to take to the various library branches as "thanks" to the staff members from the Friends of the Library - something we do every year. Next to the library to pick up a couple of books I'd reserved, and then down to the gallery. I stayed there until closing at 4 p.m. - there was a Friends of the Library council meeting at 4:30, so there's no point in going home, and then going back downtown. The cookie trays got passed out to others to take to the various branches tomorrow - I only have to deliver one. The meeting was okay - but I did get a chance to tell the head of the nominating committee that I'm not going to serve another 3-year term on the Council. I've decided I want to help with projects that the FOL does, but I just don't want to be "in charge" of anything any more. That was a relief!

Vicki has taken over my kitchen renovation as my "decorator". She is a licensed decorator, so I'm more than willing to have her do this. She's already got three people ready to come talk to me and make estimates on work to be done.

We’ve spent the whole evening getting our plane tickets for our trip this summer. We talked to the travel agent doing the tour part, and got a quote for flights. Then John did a lot of checking. He could save over $300 by doing it ourselves - so that’s what we did. He got all the information up on the computer (I hate doing all that searching). Then I did the actually ordering (my typing is so much better than his and is much easier for me). In any case, it’s finally done - we’ve spent a bundle of money - but at least we’ve definitely got a trip. BTW, in case I’ve forgotten to mention it, we’re going to Iceland on a tour with the Rice Alumni Association, and then visiting a friend near Oxford, England.

April 13 is always special to me - it’s Pink’s birthday (1908 - 1983).
-------------------------------
Here are some folks watching the double lock on the Cayuga-Seneca Canal.

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kate said...

Happy Birthday Pinkie!

What are you doing to your kitchen?

K