Tuesday, April 06, 2010

End of an era?

Another record high today - 87!

Vicki and I did some "tweaking" of the gallery exhibit - and we'll probably do some more tomorrow. But it's looking good. I'll try to get some photos tomorrow.

The big change coming in life around here is that my friend, Vicki, is going to retire by the end of the year. She's just decided it's time - and I certainly can't fault her for that. It’s not a surprise - she’s been talking about it for a while. But going to her shop several days a week has been the routine in my life for over 20 years, so it means a big change for me, too. John's hysterical - he's afraid he's going to have to put up with me all the time. He says Vicki or I have to find something to do with ME at least three days a week. Plus I'm going to have to find someplace to paint - probably find (or make) some space in the house to set up as a studio. And find someplace else to display my work from time to time. Oh, dear.....

Vicki's shop/gallery/studio/teaching space/custom frame shop is all one entity. She has run it all single-handedly for over 30 years - and she's just tired. She had to have it to support herself and her children, which she did very well. Now she has a wonderful new husband who takes care of her, and shares her life. So she no longer HAS to have this as a source of income. I really think it's wonderful that she has this sharing and happiness in her life. But...unless somebody else is willing to take it over, I guess this means the end of the gallery, too. I just know it won't be me. I don't want to be in charge of anything any more.
-----------------------------------
Fishing along the Erie Canal.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: