Wednesday, November 05, 2008

We've come a long way, Baby!!!

Both candidates made excellent speeches last night. Click here to read the text of John McCain's concession speech. Click here to read a transcript of President-Elect Barack Obama's victory speech.

It's no secret that I was an Obama supporter. But I've always had a great deal of respect for John McCain. He is a true American hero - I just disagree with his politics. P-E Obama is certainly an eloquent speaker, and is a breath of fresh air with his calm demeanor and his stirring words. I also happen to agree with most of his political philosophy. I hope he is able to stay on his course to work with leaders from all the political spectrum to work toward solutions to the incredible problems facing this country.

I want to share today's editorial cartoons from my two favorite artists - Clay Bennett and Bruce Plante.

















And thanks to lemmonddrops blog for posting these wonderful contrasting photos of how much we have changed in the last 50years.










2 comments:

Kate said...

Great stuff - love the cartoons. I'm still wandering around in euphoria! Could only have been better if we had ditched Mitch. Maybe if the next two years are good we can lose Bunning.

Mary Z said...

I still have hopes for GA - the incumbent Republican senator is in a run-off (2 December, I think) with the Democratic challenger.