Sunday, November 09, 2008

More election stuff, plus some guest photos

I wish I had seen this before the election:

To put (undecideds) in perspective, I think of being on an airplane. The flight attendant comes down the aisle with her food cart and, eventually, parks it beside my seat. "Can I interest you in the chicken?" she asks. "Or would you prefer the platter of shit with bits of broken glass in it?"

To be undecided in this election is to pause for a moment and then ask how the chicken is cooked.

-------------------------------------------
I hope you've had a chance to read the post-election issue of Newsweek magazine. We received our issue in the mail on Thursday (I think). It's a superb chronicle of the 2008 campaigns and the election. And it's probably the best writing of this genre since Theodore White's Pulitzer prize winner, The Making of the President 1960. And the amazing part of the issue is that it came out so quickly after the election. Pick up a copy if you can find one.

Here's one more Clay Bennett cartoon.









The guest photographer today is Troy Moore. He's been out this weekend getting some gorgeous photos of the Tennessee River Gorge.



No comments: