Monday, November 24, 2008

Sick on a rainy day

We're still pretty much on hold around here. I took John to the doctor this morning. He does have a secondary infection (but no fever), so she gave him some antibiotics. She also gave him some cough medicine with codeine to take at bedtime to help him sleep. He's still coughing up his toenails, and went to bed about 7:30.

My cold doesn't seem to have gotten as bad as John's - at least not yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

We had a raw, chilly, rainy day today. At least it brought some much needed moisture. I brought the rain gauge in for the winter - it's plastic and will crack with freezing weather. We were predicted to get about one-half inch. I skipped swimming and we both skipped bridge. But I did get to WalMart for a Thanksgiving run. We may still have to cancel - but I'm not ready to make that decision yet. Let's hear opinions from Margaret, Kate, and Jean, please.

1 comment:

Kate said...

As much as I want to come down, I don't want to get your raging crud. Please get better! And how is Jean?

Kate