Monday, November 03, 2008

VOTE!!!!

What did today bring? A lot of the usual - swimming, Walmart, bridge (TERRIBLE cards!).

On the unusual side, I had been called and asked to participate in a focus group. As I understood it, this was to be a presentation to a mock jury, to work out the strategy for a malpractice trial. Sandwiches, drinks, and $50.00 were the incentives for three hours of my time. Sounded like fun, so I agreed to do it.

I showed up at the appointed time at the public relations firm's office, and had my sandwich. Before this group of 12 (7 women, 5 men; 2 blacks; I was probably the oldest) were taken into the conference room, the moderator asked is any of us knew or had any dealings with Dr. X. Two of us said yes - that we had had treatment by Dr. X. So we were thanked, and told our services would not be needed. But we did get our $50. Not too bad for eating a sandwich, and an hour of my time.

Tuesday, 4 November 2008, is the BIG day! No matter what else you may do, VOTE!!!








No comments: