Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Getting my head examined?


We've gotten an e-mail from Jesse, and he is "in theater". Other than that, we don't have much information - it's stuff that can't be sent in an e-mail or posted on the net. His folks have talked with him. We'll take any little tidbits we can get.

We got our National Geographic today. My letter was in reference to an article about a Japanese haiku master, with many haiku printed. The article was printed sideways, so in order to read it, you had to hold the book sideways. I found it quite annoying, and did not read the article because of it. My letter was a complaint about the format. Assuming the letters about the sideways article were representative of all the ones they received, those opposed were outvoted 2 to 1. Guess I'm always out of step.

I got my head examined today - more than once. No, not THAT way! I had my teeth cleaned, and went back to the optometrist for a visual field test. Both were fine. Fortunately, my dentist would starve if he depended on me for his income. John has a little loss of his peripheral vision, so that's something he needs to be aware of. That's one of those tests in which they need to dilate the eyes. Yuck!

There were a lot of severe thunderstorms with hail skipping through our area this evening. Fortunately, none of it hit in our neighborhood. I helped sell tickets at the old movie showing at the downtown library at suppertime, so when I finished, we went out to eat. We went to the Olive Garden this time. Had a good dinner - not spectacular, but always consistently good.

Today's photo is a cuttlefish at the Tennessee Aquarium - such an improbable creature!

No comments: