Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Almost back in the groove (rut??)


The wedding was perfect! Gorgeous weather, everything went off without a hitch. I think there were 27 counting as the groom's "family". The bride's family could not have been more cordial, welcoming, making us feel comfortable. They really made us feel as if we were now part of their extended family. John and I even were the the ones married the longest in the "married couples dance", with two long-time-friend couples coming in 2nd and 3rd.

I can't believe I didn't take a single picture - except for a few of Margaret with her camera. I'll be getting a disc of her photos soon, I hope. Now I can't wait to see Margaret's pictures, and the formal pictures.

We took the scenic route home on Sunday, and got home about 7. Allan and Renee came home with us - they'll be going back home on Wednesday. Allan really wants to move back here, and we've been showing Renee around, hoping that she'll love Chattanooga as much as we do.

We had 7 folks over last night for dinner - making 11 in all. And, nope, I don't have room for 11 anywhere. We put 6 in the dining room and 5 at the table out on the deck. I marinated several pieces of pork loin (olive oil, white wine, garlic, parsley, rosemary, fresh ginger) all day. John cooked it on the grill, and I cut it into medallions to serve. Vegetables: Margaret's canned green beans and frozen corn from their garden. Salad: crudites (cut up fresh veggies) from Wal-Mart. Bread: yeast and sourdough rolls from W-M. Dessert: Pound cake and fresh fruit from W-M. Drinks: iced tea, coffee, beer, wine, soft drinks. It was a great party, good folks, lots of talking. The pork loin was probably the best we've ever done. And the four of us finished up the leftovers tonight.

All in all, this weekend made for one of the great memories of a lifetime.

Today's photo is a repeat of the engagement picture of the now-married couple.

2 comments:

William J. said...

Eleven for dinnre is a huge committment. You sound like a great cook!

Bill

Mary Z said...

I really worried about having that many - since we don't have "table seating" for them. But we decided the idea was good fellowship, and that the food was just fuel. Eating would happen wherever. And it went on until nearly midnight. So I guess folks had a good time.

And, thanks - I am a pretty good cook - but this was an easy one.