Tuesday, April 01, 2008

In the Valley

We got to the hospital yesterday in time for a 2 p.m. appointment, and were there until he finished his first chemo treatment at 2:30 a.m. this morning. After they started his chemo about 8 p.m., they said it would take 5-6 hours. I finally convinced my aunt to let me take her "home", so I did that, then went back to the hospital. He may have dozed some during the infusion, but I just managed to finish a sock.

Ken did very well, with no immediate side effects. Another cousin (on the other side of his family) has just had a double mastectomy with chemo and starting radiation called tonight. She said that she didn't have any nausea until about 2-3 days after the first infusion. He does have meds for that. He'll go back next Monday for the second treatment - means of travel to be determined.

We left Houston this morning about 9:30, and drove down to The Rio Grande Valley where they live. I've got my aunt's car, and staying at Ken's (where there is WiFi). I'll go pick Betsy up in the morning and take her around to run errands.

My current plan is to fly to Nashville on Friday, stay with friends, and then go to the shower for Amanda at Margaret's on Saturday. Then John can take me home, and I can crash for a few days.

Go, Lady Vols!!!

No comments: