Friday, April 04, 2008

In Hendersonville - FINALLY

Well, I am no longer in the clutches of the airlines - and somehow I didn't think that would ever happen today.

Betsy got me to the airport in Harlingen this morning, and it was early enough for them to book me on an earlier flight to Houston. OK - that works, if it makes them happy. Of course, the plane was late arriving (had to detour around storms between Dallas and Harlingen). But we still got to Houston before the plane of my previous reservation would have left. This means that I was in Houston at 10:30 a.m.

My flight from Houston to Nashville was due to leave at 2:15. Of course, due to the storms in the SE, any plane going to or from that area was delayed. We wound up BOARDING the plane about 4:15. We pushed away from the gate, and then sat on the runway until after 5. Part of the time, the pilot even cut the engines.

The plane eventually left, and with what was obviously quite a tailwind, we got to Nashville about 6:30. Don & Flo were there to pick me up (bless 'em!). Ken, there was only ONE turquoise bag on the plane this time. We stopped and got sandwiches at Panera Bread on the way to the house, and I'm about ready to head for the bed.

The good part of this was that I read almost all of The Kite Runner today - and I'll finish the last few pages before I go to bed tonight. It's an excellent book - I recommend it. And I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.

I'm on a borrowed computer tonight, so no photo.

No comments: