Thursday, April 03, 2008

Edinburg & Weslaco


It was about 90 degrees here today. Y'all know that that is way too hot for me. But, after all, that is why they invented air conditioning.

I spent some lovely time with Betsy today. I went to her retirement complex and had lunch with her and her buddies. Then I took her out to run errands - bank, grocery, library, etc. It was fun, and just the kind of stuff I like to do with her.

Ken had a pretty good day. He went in to work and then to help with a previously scheduled golf tournament. He's still having some problems with hiccups, and now maybe a little bit of nausea.

We had gotten some tamales last night for supper (YUM!!!), and I got some more of those tonight. That's certainly something that we don't find in Tennessee.

I happened to catch part of an interesting panel discussion on PBS tonight on caring for one's parents. Click here to read about the program and/or even listen to it on-line.

Today's picture is dune fencing on Folly Beach, SC.

No comments: