Friday, July 13, 2007

Of warts and things


I went to a gallery opening this evening. A friend is opening a new space, and another friend will be one of the featured artists. Betty and I didn't stay long, but it was fun. I liked what I've seen of the work of the artists there.

John went to the doc to get a plantar wart on his heel excised. It wasn't much fun for him. I've heard of and had plantar warts before, but never heard of one on the heel. Oh, well - you can trust John to do something different. He's got kind of a divot in his heel now, and he's going to take tomorrow off from rowing. I hope it doesn't bother him too much.

We went to get haircuts yesterday afternoon and are both looking and feeling much less shaggy.
Bill Moyers' Journal tonight was an interview with two constitutional scholars who were adamant that Congress should impeach both Bush and Cheney. It was an interesting take on the situation. Click here for a recap of the program and biographies of the speakers. Click here for a link to Bill Moyers' Blog.

Today's picture is one of my favorites. It's a "self-portrait" of me standing in the middle of Old Route 66, next to I-40, in the Texas Panhandle.

No comments: