Thursday, July 26, 2007

I do, I do, I DO love shopping!


We had really thick fog this morning. I could hardly see to get to Wal-Mart. Now that would hve been a tragedy. I hate it when I'm looking for something specific and finding it becomes an exercise in frustration. I wanted some plastic storage boxes, and had measurements of the space where I wanted to use them. Would you believe.... (of course, you would!) ... that only one size of boxes had the exterior dimensions on the label...volume yes, but measurements, no. Well, shit! Always resourceful, I back-tracked to the school supplies and "borrowed" a ruler. I finally found two of the three sizes (or close enough), and selected two of each. Having had all I could take for one visit, I left the ruler on the shelf, so the next shopper could check measurements.

Next, I committed a major packing feat - right there in one of the main aisles. I got those four boxes AND a large corkboard in my basket in such a way that I could also get the groceries stowed and not have to wrestle two carts. Now I was sweaty, tired, triumphant, and ready to head for home.

This afternoon, I emptied three chests-of-drawers, the two that Margaret is taking, and the one I'm keeping. I packed the table linens in one of the boxes, and stashed it under the bed (where the box fits JUST right). John moved two of the chests, and I'll load my stuff into the one we're keeping. I filled up two bags of clothes, etc., to take to GoodWill, and another one of garbage. There was only a small box of "keeper stuff". I really am getting better at working for about 30 minutes or so, and then saying, "That's enough for a while".

Questions: What do I do with old music cassettes? What do I do with old videotapes? One of the wags at Ex-Tix suggested making art with it, but I figure they'll go to GoodWill.

Today's picture is of Shiprock in NM. After WM, I needed an out-west-empty-spaces fix.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Hi Mary!

Just had to come and see your temperature thingy! Great job!

Pat