Thursday, July 05, 2007

John's number


John saw the radiation oncologist today and had his first post-radiation blood draw for PSA. The doc said any drop in the number would be good. His PSA pre-diagnosis of prostate cancer was 8.5. Today it was 1.8 !!!! We're excited!

I keep reminding y'all to click on the link to the left to Leroy Sievers' blog. Granted, most of the time it's about cancer and his dealing with it. Today, on the day after the Fourth, he reminds us to remember those brave men and women who have sacrificed for us (whether or not we agree with the reason for this latest fiasco), and have paid a great price. Some have made the ultimate sacrifice. But suffering, too, are those who have lost limbs and eyesight and hearing and are invisibly suffering from PTSD. Sievers is eloquent - read what he has to say.

Today was my day for a pedicure - a treat that I decided to give myself. I justify it by saying that I have trouble getting to my feet to care for them appropriately, but mostly it's just that it feels good. Kate and Jean were teasing me about my feet last week. John snitched on them. They said that if one were to tip the person who gives you the pedicure based on how ugly your feet were, I should tip my "pedicurist" $100. This is probably true. I always win the ugly feet contests.

Today's picture is of some of Jean's pottery.

No comments: