Monday, July 16, 2007

Legacy


Mondays are always busy around here. Swimming, laundry, bridge, and this evening, I went to a 2-hour painting workshop. All fun, but I'm really tired tonight. And had to get home to watch The Closer and Simon Schama's The Power of Art. I'm glad I get to sleep in tomorrow morning.

And speaking of bridge: I was FIRST last week, with over 7000 points!!!! (out of SIX tables), and John came in second.

I was at Studio 2 downtown for this workshop, about 12 miles from home. We had lightning, thunder, and rain that came down so hard, we couldn't see more than about 20 feet - for at least half-an-hour. John says we got not a drop here at home. "Scattered" is right!

Leroy Sievers was exceptionally eloquent in his blog today. I can only quote the last paragraph: "The bottom line -- it really doesn't matter what anyone says after we're gone. It would be nice if everyone said good things. But we won't be here to hear them. Doctors told me I was supposed to die 13 months ago. Then seven months ago, and then, next month. They've been wrong every time. But at some point they're going to be right. So what matters is not what we leave behind. What matters is what we do now. Do we touch the lives of others? Do we make a difference? Do we earn our place for the brief time that we are here? I think all we can hope for, all we should strive for, is a day well lived. And then another, and another. What better legacy could there be?"

Today's photograph is of flowers at Glen Affric in Scotland.

No comments: