Sunday, July 23, 2017

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing
Around the House

Bedroom: what’s your sleep schedule? No set schedule, except on swim class days.  Then I get up at 6 a.m. I'm usually asleep between 11 and 11:30, and wake between 6:30 and 7.
Kitchen: favorite comfort food? I usually finish my day with ice cream.  And I love home-made soups
Washroom: showers or baths? bubbles? bath bombs? Always showers.  I can't remember the last time I sat down in a tub.
Closet: sum up your style in a few words. Informal and comfortable.
Parlor: favorite party or board game? The only game I enjoy is bridge.  Sometimes at the beach, we play Scrabble or Mexican Train or dominoes or Rummi-Kub.
Living room: what do you like to do with your family? Go to the beach and hang out.  Or just hang out anywhere.
Dining room: favorite special occasion food? My favorite food has always been "somebody else cooked it".
Garden: favorite tree? flower? I'm no gardner, but I love all trees and flowers.
Attic: what’s one thing you have a sentimental attachment to and you will never throw away? We pitched out so many things when I moved.  I can't think of any one particular thing.
Library: favorite book genre? Police procedurals, crime stores, nonfiction.
Office: if you could have any job in the world, what would it be? The one I have now - being retired.
Guest room: have you been to a sleepover? if so, when was your first? do you like them? The first would have been a zillion years ago.  My family has started having weekend "sleepovers" and they're fun.
Foyer: do you like small gatherings, large parties, or one-on-one meetings? Generally small gatherings and one-on-one meetings.
Pantry: favorite meal to make? I used to make lasagna and split pea soup in large quantities to freeze.  And I liked doing all the stuff for Thanksgiving dinner.  But even more, I like not cooking any more.
Laundry: favorite and least favorite chore? Laundry is something to do - not to like.  Of that particular thing, I least like folding and putting things away.
Garage: favorite mode of transportation? favorite car? I like river travel.  Trains can be fun.  Cars are for transportation - I don't get attached to them.  I do like my current car, a Nissan Altima.  It's very user friendly.
Panic room: what was the most nerve-wracking experience you’ve had? Dealing with the time of John's death, unexpected and out of the country.  I was so lucky to have had loving family with me to help.
Powder room: do you wear makeup? if so, what one item can’t you live without? what’s your favorite look? I don't have a "look".  I use a little pressed powder, blush, and lipstick.  And I can go without any of them.

No comments: