Thursday, June 08, 2017
Borrowed from Poola
Here's 34 questions for grownups...
1. What bill do you hate paying the most? I have very bills left to pay, so I really don't mind them.
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner? It's been so long ago, I don't remember.
3. What do you really want to be doing right now? Not right this minute, but almost always I rather be playing bridge. Or spending time with family.
4. How many colleges did you attend? On a degree path, only two - 35 years apart. I did take a couple of courses at the local community college.
5. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now? For the color.
6. What are your thoughts on gas prices right now? Our area is currently among the lowest in the country. The prices fluctuate so much, there's no rhyme or reason to them.
7. First thought when the alarm went off this morning? I rarely set an alarm any more, but even when it is, I usually wake up before it goes off. Usually, I just think it's time to get up and head for the bathroom.
8. Last thought before going to sleep last night? Getting into a position where my knees didn't hurt.
9. Do you miss being a child? No.
10. What errand/chore do you despise the most? Going to the grocery store and any kind of housework. Fortunately I don't do much of either any more. And our local Walmart has on-line ordering and pick-up service.
11. Get up early or sleep in? I've always been an early riser.
12. Have you found real love yet? I did.
13. Favorite lunch meat? Almost any of them is okay.
14. What do you get every time you go into Walmart? I don't get anything "every time" I go.
15. Beach or Lake? Beach, but I love being around any water.
16. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual? No, especially when children are involved.
17. What famous person would you like to have dinner with? Rachel Maddox
18. Have you ever crashed your vehicle? The only bad wreck I've had, someone ran into me while I was stopped at a traffic light.
19. Ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose? No
20. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth in? I'm not an outdoors person, so no place like that. But I've brushed my teeth on a boat in Antarctica.
21. Somewhere in California you have never been and would like to go? Maybe Death Valley or Manzanar.
22. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new job? Neither, I'm happy in retirement.
23. How old are you? 81
24. Do you have a go-to person? My daughters.
25. Are you where you want to be in life? To paraphrase, I am where I am. And still breathing, reasonably mobile, and mentally alert and interested.
26. Growing up, what were your favorite cartoons? Tom & Jerry is the only one I can think of.
27. What about you do you think has changed? My mobility.
28. Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life? No. They were okay, but I liked my life better as I got older.
29. Are there times you still feel like a kid? Not really.
30. Did you have a pager? No
31. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager? In college, we hung out in the Student Lounge in the Library Building.
32. Were you the type of kid you would want your children to hang out with? I guess - I was pretty straight and ordinary and nerdy.
33. Was there a teacher or authority figure that stood out to you? I remember a couple of high school and college teachers, but none that I considered real mentors. As I got older, I wanted to be more like my mother and my Aunt Betsy.
34. Do you tell stories that start with “When I was your age?" Not too much.