Tuesday, November 22, 2016

This and that


I love the blog called Margaret and Helen.  Helen writes a blog every year just before Thanksgiving, giving rules to her family.  Click here for all of this year's version.  But, I particularly wanted to post her last paragraph.  It's something we should all take to heart. 

I love each and every one of you and I am so glad to have yet another holiday together.  Come hungry and leave full.  Hug one another because you can.  Argue if you must, but then agree to disagree.  Try something new or let go of something old.  Give more.  Take less.   Oh hell.  Listen to me rattle on like I am some sort of philosopher.  Screw it.   Come for the food and stay for the company.  Everything else can be made better with gravy.  I mean it.  Really.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I had a PT session here this morning.  She says I'm doing great and wants me to start walking with a cane in the apartment more and more - and even try in the hall for a little bit.  I asked her if she thought I'd be released to drive (when I see the surgeon next Tuesday).  She suggested I try going to sit in my car - to see if I was going to be able to get in, manipulate the mechanics, adjust the seat, etc.  I'll give that a try - maybe when Margaret comes to pick me up on Friday (so I can have someone with me). 

No comments: