Wednesday, August 03, 2016

A busy day

I do enjoy being with Ann & Al - they're really special folks and family.  I picked them up this morning and brought them back here to see my place and just visit a bit.  Then we drove over to the Sculpture Fields so they could see John's tree and the sculpture in the park.  They enjoy that kind of thing, so even with the heat, they walked around a little more than I did (while I got the a/c going to cool down the car.  We had a nice lunch at a nearby local bakery/sandwich shop.  We all got salads - Ann & I got the daily special - fresh local greens,  fresh peaches, goat cheese, pumpkin seeds - delicious!  Then back home for a while.

Margaret came over and we went downtown to take a late afternoon ride on the Tennessee Aquarium River Gorge Explorer (hydrofoil catamaran).  It goes downriver from the downtown dock, into part of the Tennessee River Gorge - a really neat trip.  We saw a number of ospreys and great blue herons, but not a lot of other wildlife.  Probably too hot for them, too.  We finished off the evening with a nice dinner at my favorite Chinese restaurant, and then called it a day.  No specific plans for tomorrow.  We leave on Friday for Portland, and board the boat Saturday morning.

No comments: