Thursday, February 27, 2014

Busy, long, good


I spent the morning at the optometrist’s office. I had a scheduled appointment for routine testing. Unfortunately, there were several unscheduled injuries and severe problems that had to be dealt with. It wasn’t exactly how I planned to spend my morning, but I had a book to reead, and I know that I’d have emergency treatment in the same way if I needed it. Just the way it goes.

We went to see The Monuments Men at the early (cheap) showing. It’s a good movie of an even better story. Afterwards, we had one of our gourmet meals at Five Guys Burgers and Fries.

And the evening was topped off by a string of basketball games on TV. The UTC Men Mocs edged out Western Carolina by one point in overtime. The Lady Vols won over LSU in the later game.

All in all, a long, busy, good day.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Sometimes it's comforting to see how well your doctor deals with emergencies, when you don't have to be the emergencies. I'm glad your appointment went well (and of course, we never go anywhere without something to read.)

We have routine eye exams scheduled soon; I can't make my own appointment because I have to depend on my daughter for transportation.