Tuesday, January 28, 2014

SNOW!


We got about an inch of snow today, with more predicted through midnight, and very cold. I went to Aldi, but it was snowing when I came out, and sticking to the pavement in the parking lot. I decided I didn’t need to be trying to walk on that at WalMart, so I headed for home. John had one errand to run, but the roads were starting to get really bad by the time he got back. So we stayed in the rest of the day.

We'll be staying home tomorrow, too. But on Thursday, it's supposed to warm up. I know this doesn't sound like much - and it isn't - but folks in this area don't know how to deal with it (me included). So it's big news and causes lots of problems. They said during the evening news that if you had a wreck, just leave your car. It would take at least 5! hours for a wrecker to get there. And the police were swamped with the number of wrecks. Quite a mess.

Just about everything is closed down Wednesday. All the schools, some companies, doctors’ offices, day-care facilities. We do believe in what we call the “Biblical solution of snow removal”. As in “God put it there, God will take it away.” This area just doesn’t get enough snow to invest much money in snow removal. It would be nice if this were the last of it for this winter.

No comments: