Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Better, I think

I finally went to the doctor this morning. The cold had finally gone down into my chest, with much more coughing. He gave me prescriptions for an antibiotic and some cough syrup with codeine. He also sent me for a chest x-ray. They didn’t call me back today with any results, so I guess it didn’t show anything too bad.

After a couple of doses of the antibiotics and a couple of slugs of the cough syrup, I don’t seem to be coughing as much (mostly just when I laugh). So I guess it is getting better. Let’s hope so.

Sorry to have been such a whiner. I know this is very small in the big scheme of things. I’ll try to do better.

Thanks to all for your concern and good wishes.  And now I'll change the subject.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. The cough reflex seems to work differently as we age; I cough now if my stomach gets upset.

You are entitled to complain when appropriate. My mother always said, when your hair gets grey, you can say whatever you want. (It was harder on us; she was prematurely grey.)