Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sunshine

After yesterday's rain and greyness, there's bright sunshine today. With all the warmth, the forsythia is blooming (for about the 3rd time so far). Nothing can hurt it, though, and it'll freeze and bloom probably several more times before spring.

I've always kept the household accounts, paid all the bills, balanced the checkbook, etc., and I'm really starting to hate doing it. I got everything caught up to date this morning. Yuck! I also got the packet ready to send in with my entries for this year's Tennessee Watercolor Society exhibition. I've never gotten in before, and haven't entered in years. I guess I don't really expect to this year, either, but there's always that teeny bit of hope.

The hawks that live out in our "back 40" have been squawking and calling for days now. Guess it's time for them to be looking for their mates and starting the nest-building. We do love having them there in this definitely-not-rural neighborhood, so we enjoy knowing they're still around.
==============================
I hope you watched the State of the Union speech tonight. I thought President Obama did a great job addressing some of the biggest problems and laid out plans to address them.
==============================
The Vietnamese love these tiny fish.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: