Sunday, January 01, 2012

Sunday Stealing

Cheers to all of us thieves!

1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Went to Asia (Cambodia and Vietnam)

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make New Year’s resolutions.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No. But we did get a new grandson-in-law.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes - my sweet aunt Betsy

5. What countries did you visit?
Cambodia and Vietnam (with a change of planes in Hong Kong)

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
I can’t think of anything, except maybe more travel.

7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The last time I saw Betsy; the date I fell in the driveway; the day of tornadoes.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Starting to paint again.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Regaining some of the weight I had lost.

10. What was the best thing you bought?
Painting sessions; massage treatments.

11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I can’t think of anybody.

12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
The members of Congress; the candidates for the Republican nomination for president; members of the so-called teaparty.

13. What song will always remind you of 2011?
I can’t think of one.

14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
More painting.

15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eating.

16. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Not with anybody new - just enjoyed those who are in my life.

17. What was your favorite new TV program?
I can’t think of a new one that we watch.

18. What was the best book you read?
I don’t know that it was the “best”, but I really enjoyed “1491”, by Charles Mann, and learned a lot.

19. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
Not regaining that weight (guess it all comes back to that)

20. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
You’ve got to be kidding. “Personal fashion”? Me?

21. What kept you sane?
John, the girls, the swim team

22. Who did you miss?
Betsy

23. Who was the best new person you met?
Harriet, Jennifer, and the other folks on That’s My Answer!

24. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2011?
Be more careful and don’t make any sudden moves.

25. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“I just want to live happily ever after - every now and then!”

Stolen from Sunday Stealing
==================================
Waterway between islands in the Mekong River Delta (Vietnam)

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: