Sunday, January 08, 2012

Commercials vs Content

Since I don’t pay much attention, I don’t know when the Super Bowl is being played. I do know it’s relatively soon. But it’s been crossing my consciousness, and not for anything about the game.

The amount of hype for the game itself has gotten absolutely ridiculous. But now I’m noticing that they’re starting to hype the commercials. The COMMERCIALS, for heaven’s sake! We’re now getting commercials for commercials. Sheeshhhhhh!

We’ve all noticed that for years, there are ads that are better produced than the shows being advertised. But now they seem to be spending more time, money, effort, and creativity on the commercials than are ever put into the programs. And now, even on commercials touting commercials.

We all know people who say they really don’t want to watch the Super Bowl - they just want to watch the commercials.

Does anybody else out there wonder about this????
=======================================
Drying and bagging rice, Vietnam

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I don't even look at the commercials any more; I see enough of them year round. I do wonder why some of them are produced -- certainly not to entice elderly women to ask for testosterone enhancers. And I don't trust much of any of them.