Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday Miscellany

We watched the animated movie, Ratatouille, last night. We've loved some of the recent animated films lately (Up, Despicable Me), but we thought this one definitely didn't measure up. Have any of you seen it? What did you think?

Not much going on next week - painting, and one morning working at the library book store.

About the painting class: We have to move all our "stuff" in and out for each class. I do try to do some stuff here at home - don't really have a good place. What I do is messy, and the only place I can work with some space is on the screened porch. We have a ceiling fan out there, but if it's too hot, I won't be there. The idea with this class is to learn some new techniques and ways to pull ideas together - not necessarily to come out with finished paintings - so I don't know what I'll wind up with. But I am learning a lot, and am at least working.
======================
Too bad about the US Ladies losing in the finals of the World Cup. They fought a good fight. And, if we couldn’t win, I’m glad that the Japanese did - to give their homeland something to cheer about.
=======================
A reclining Buddha, Angkor Thom, Cambodia.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: