Thursday, July 21, 2011

Finally some rain

I worked a shift at the library book store this morning - only two sales, one to me. But I got a lot of reading done. And I had a nice conversation with a young man about the irony of my sitting in the library used book store, selling books, and reading from my Kindle. It is kind of funy.

We got an inch of rain out of a line of storms that roared through this afternoon. The cooler temperature was wonderful (it dropped about 15* in about 30 minutes), even if it'll be back in the 90s tomorrow.

In the book I was reading, one of the characters made some from-scratch macaroni and cheese with onions and garlic. That sounded really good, so I decided to make something up. I’ve rarely fixed macaroni and cheese from a box, so it’s not really a staple around here. I found some bow-tie macaroni and had some “getting old” grated cheddar cheese, sautéed an onion and a whole bulb of garlic, added some milk, butter, salt & pepper, and Worcestershire sauce, and stuck it in the oven. Wow, was that ever good! Definitely not healthy, but……
===================================
This is a photo of the collage exercise (@ 8x10") I did in painting class yesterday.

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Harriet said...

That does sound good! I ought to look up the "lower carb" version of mac-and-cheese I used to make when the kids were little.

But consider, "Bones" -- the character Temperance Brennan -- puts leeks in hers, and Booth says it's really good.

Harriet said...

Just for kicks, I thought I would try to sign in as a Google user. No, it still wants me to sign up for Blogger. Good thing I have other options.

I do like the collage, even though my aversion to most purples had me visualizing those parts as blue.