Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Home again! And my Happy Birthday to Pink, too.

First and foremost - thanks to Jean for posting on the blog for me while we were gone. She did a terrific job! And she found such great photos on line of where we were and what we saw. I love the photos of the flowers in her neighborhood. I knew she was an artist, but I've never seen her do photos before. Keep it up, Babe! I love the last tulip picture. Many, many thanks!
----------------------------------------
We got home about 6:30 this evening. We left LAX at 7:30ish this morning PDT. The flight to Nashville and van shuttle went well - as did the two flights yesterday. We were thrilled to find a Burger King across the street from our hotel at LAX last night - we were both hungry for a burger and fries. Sometimes you just need some comfort food (which is usually this in the USA). But, of course, very little sleep last night. We did manage to stay awake all day today, and John's just gone to bed (9:30pm EDT), and I'll be up a while longer. So maybe we'll get a good start on getting over the jet lag. Our own bed looks pretty good tonight. I'll get the photos downloaded in a day or two, and posting some - although Jean's done a great job with finding pictures on the net (I had NO idea that's what the Hong Kong airport looked like.)
----------------------------------------
And, no mystery intended, 'Pink' was my mother's nickname, and what we all called her - and today is the 104th anniversary of her birth.

No comments: