Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Terrible news about Haiti

Dolores' son is in Haiti - he works for the UN (I think). I've e-mailed her to see if she's heard from him. I know she's worried sick.

This surely is a busy week - just coming off the out-of-town weekend. Both of us had errands to run this morning - John to PT for what turned out to be his final visit and for some lab work. His computer monitor had gotten a blurry picture, so he took that to the Geek Squad. It was going to be cheaper to get a new one than to fix the old one, so he now has a nice new monitor.

I hate to admit what was mostly wrong with my computer - it wasn't plugged in. I was SO embarrassed. Of course, I had unplugged it when we went out of town. Of course it wouldn't turn on. It's back to its "normal" now. This morning, I went to the post office send some certified letters (including the quarterly tax), then to the bank. It was good to get back to the galley/studio. It's still pretty cold in there, but I hadn't spent time with Vicki since Xmas, so we had lots to talk about. Then trips to Aldi and Walmart which didn't get done yesterday.

We went through some jackets and other stored clothes to take some warm stuff to the Community Kitchen. I found some great business-type wear that I don't remember ever wearing, plus some good coats. I was glad to take some warm stuff for the homeless shelter. And we took the business suits to the women's shelter to add to their stock of clothes to help women get started with new jobs.

The new chairman of the Friends of the Library Executive Council had us all to her house for our first meeting this year, with dinner. She felt, rightly, that we needed to get to know each other - which never seems to happen when there's just the formal meeting. It was a good meeting and social time.

Can't believe that about Lane Kiffin jumping from Tennessee to USC after just one year. Mostly what folks are saying to the local news is "Good riddance". Oh, well.

It's predicted to be in the 40s here tomorrow , and then in the high 50s on Thursday.
------------------
We loved this photo illustrating the best way to work along the Erie Canal.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: