Thursday, January 14, 2010

Dentists, etc.

Today was a visit to the dentist. I hadn’t had to have anything done other than semiannual cleanings for years. But at the last cleaning, they found that one of my 50+ year old gold inlays had a worn-through spot in it, and there was decay underneath it. My dentist is very gentle, and there wasn’t any pain. BUT, as we all know, the tension is going to be there, and my neck, shoulders, and other body parts had a hard time relaxing. Some EX-acetominophen helped with relaxing, even though there was no discomfort after the Novocain wore off. And I go back in three weeks to get the permanent crown.

We went for our haircuts today. - and that always feels good! On the way home, we went to Best Buy to let the Geek Squad check out my laptop. The tech couldn’t get it to boot up either, and couldn’t find an obvious reason. We decided to let them send it off to get looked at. Someone will call me with an estimate. If I decide not to get it fixed, I’ll get part of the deposit back, and will be out only @ $35.00. We also decided that if any repair was more than $200, we won’t get the repairs done. And I’ll get another laptop. It was worth a try, and at potentially not much out-of-pocket expense.

But, in the meantime (maybe as much as three weeks), I’m having to share the desktop with John. I hope I don’t screw up his machine too much. I still haven’t found some of my favorite sites that are bookmarked on the laptop. Oh, well….

I had a great nap today. I knew it was coming - probably from tension over the dental visit, plus left-over fatigue from the trip to Texas.
-------------------------------------
Did you read the latest insanity from Pat Robertson? He says that Haiti is being punished for making a pact with the devil 200 years ago, when it declared its independence from France. Incredible! Check out
Bruce Plante’s cartoon .
-----------------------------------
Check out this article about the hairdresser who said she didn’t know that a .38 caliber handgun was considered a deadly weapon.

2 comments:

Sian said...

Sharing a computer - shudder. You have my sympathy and hope it works out. Also hope you get your laptop sorted or a new one soon!

Mary Z said...

We did it for a long time, so I guess we'll manage. But I'll surely be glad when I get a laptop back. Thanks for the good thoughts!