Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Long Tuesday

Today was a Studio2 / Gallery2 day. I helped Vicki with her class this morning, and took our paintings to the AVA gallery for the member show (1-16 May).

I made a huge mess this afternoon. Vicki had ordered new canvases and lots of tubes of acrylic paint. I had to get all my stuff out to see which ones I needed (only got 3 new tubes of paint plus some canvases). And, of course, with all that time and space, I had to get some painting done. I'm glad that I deliberately wore clothes that I didn't mind getting paint on...because I did a LOT of that. I'm not sure anything is finished, but definitely got a lot of "starts".

The afternoon concluded with a very satisfactory artists' meeting. All but one of the artists attended, and we made a number of decisions. Also, we set up a schedule of times for artists to gallery-sit, and agreed to stay open one night a week (Third Thursdays). We did a lot of brain-storming with several suggestions made and assignments made to do research on possible advertising flyers and web presence.

John went swimming, and then took his car in for service. So we were both productive today. I surely was glad we had left-overs for dinner tonight. I think we'll take it easier tomorrow.

This is a closeup of the window in the pink building on the Southside.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: