Sunday, April 26, 2009

Another Sunday

The Chattanooga Market started its 2009 season today. I hadn't been for a long time - since the first year it was open. I was fairly disappointed today. I should've know there wouldn't be much produce for sale - it's just too early in the season. I didn't find much in the way of arts and crafts that I wanted to linger over. Maybe that was just my frame of mind - who knows. I guess I'll go back later on in the summer, just to get some of the good, fresh, local produce if nothing else. It certainly is a popular event here in town.

Matt and Amanda had been in Hillsboro for the weekend, and stopped by here on their way home. Matt helped John sweep and blow the first of the nasty oak flowers off the roof while Amanda and I talked. They also brought several boxes of jelly and veggies from Margaret. And there was a surprise - fresh asparagus!!! Oh, YUM! Definitely a treat! Thanks! The kids are house-hunting, so I got an update on that.

While I was outside talking to Amanda, we startled a momma cardinal who, we discovered, had built a nest in the ivy growing up the wrought-iron post of the front porch. I hope I can get a picture of her, and that she can raise some babies before the neighborhood critters discover the nest. I'm just glad it's not a mockingbird. We'd have to abandon the front door for a while - they're SO aggressive while they're nesting.

The photo today is of one of the light standards at Finley Stadium.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: