Monday, June 16, 2008

Unexpected Mondays


Nothing went quite as expected today. We headed out to the Y as usual for Monday morning. And they had just posted a notice that the lap pool was closed. Well, phooey! So we went back home. John went back to bed, and I headed out for an early (and blessedly brief) trip to Wal-Mart.

Bridge was a "mixed bag" this afternoon. John had terrible cards, and had to play with all the worst players besides. And even I made a couple of terrible bids while I was playing with him (one hand was down 5!). Don't know what went wrong there. I had some great cards (rounds of 1700, 1650, 950) and some really bad ones (rounds of 260, 50). But last week, John came in 4th (out of 20). I guess that's what keeps us coming back.

Another wedding picture - the groom and his proud grandparents

No comments: