Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Blog tag



A friend sent me this game, so I thought I would play Blog Tag.

Meme

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning

2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.

3. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.


What was I doing 10 years ago? We were getting ready to leave on our 3.5 month, 16,000+ mile trip, pulling our travel trailer, from Chattanooga to California (via Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Big Sur) to drive the Alaska Highway to Alaska to Vancouver Island (on the Alaska Ferry) to home (via Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore, Little Big Horn)

Five snacks I enjoy in a perfect, non weight-gaining world: (in no particular order): ice cream, pretzels, sharp cheddar cheese, licorice, cookies.

Five snacks I enjoy in the real world: None right now. I'm trying to eliminate eating between meals.

Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Fund our local library system, Food Bank, and Women Shelters
2. Fund college scholarships for needy students.
3. Fund various medical research institutions.
4. Continue to travel and fly first class.
5. Have a household staff to clean, cook, and do yard work.

Five jobs that I have had:
1. Typing old autopsies (that regular secretaries never had time to transcribe)
2. Medical transcription in a pathology lab
3. Medical transcription in a hospital record room
4. Medical transcription/insurance clerk for a group of surgeons.
5. Office manager/secretary for a group of orthopedic surgeons. (Do you see a pattern here?)

Five of my habits: General computer stuff; knitting; reading; word puzzles; painting

Five places I have lived: St. Louis, MO; Houston, TX; Hendersonville, TN; Chattanooga, TN (that's all there is)

Five people we should all get to know better: (A nice way of saying TAG!)
TheDahnReport

Airy Persiflage

Essiewb's Weblog / Knitting My Way Through

Life on a Small Island

The Sandbox
I didn't put a "You're it!" comment on this blog - it's selected blogs by military personnel and family, in theater, at home, or retired. Just wanted to suggest that folks read it.

Somehow, this process reminded me of a spiral, so today's photo is one of John's photos of a pictograph from SW Colorado.

2 comments:

William J. said...

I loved your answers and learned a lot about you in the process. I didn't know that you had typed autopsies. That had to be interesting.

I also love you answer to the Billionaire question/

Mary Z said...

Bill,
I was about 15 and got the summer job because my father had been the pathologist at the hospital (before his death). These were old ones, and nobody was in any hurry (obviously) to get the results. I could type, but didn't know squat about the terminology. This is where I learned all the medical words, spelling, derivatives, etc., that I used the rest of my working time.
mz