Sunday, June 08, 2008

PBS programs

We don't usually watch the programs that PBS shows during their begathons (although I do supposed our stations financially). But I've just caught a part of a new one that I want to record sometime and watch when I can fast forward through the begging.

It's called Celtic Thunder, and is similar to their program of Celtic Women, except these are five young men. And they are awesome! Such beautiful clear voices. Click here to hear them on YouTube.

We talked more about what we're going to take to the Antiques Roadshow taping in July. John's found all the parts to his Edison gramophone, including the box of cylinders. Sue, Randy, and Margaret liked the idea of taking the ornate pitcher plus the set of fruit knives and forks (a full set of 8 each gold plated with purple bakelite[?] handles in a leather padded case). I like the idea of taking the pre-Civil War Complete History of America. We'll see how long that line-up lasts.

Stay cool!

No comments: